Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pea & Mint Dip

Today I had a craving for peas and mint and always love eating with my hands rather than cutlery (there's a reason I live alone!).  The solution?  A simple pea dip.  Takes moments to concoct and as long as one likes to savour.
I confess that I didn't measure anything but this made a good sized bowl that I imagine will be ok in the fridge for a few days to come.

Pea & Mint Dip

500g peas (fresh or frozen)
3 spring onions
garlic - as many cloves as you like (I use ready minced for speed)
handful of mint leaves
juice & zest of half a lemon
splash of balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper

1. Cook the peas in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.  Plunge into cold water to keep their colour and flavour.
2. Roughly chop the spring onions and garlic cloves.  Chuck into a food processor and tip in the peas.
3. Tear the mint leaves and throw them in along with the lemon zest and juice and a splash of vinegar.  
4. Grind in some black pepper and salt.
5. Blitz until you have something that resembles a dip.

And that's it.  Simple.



1 comment:

Peter Newman-Legros said...

garden fresh or freezer fare this looks like a summery fresh treat. Yum!